Sunday, January 16, 2011

Awarded!!!

OMG...I've been given an award!  The wonderful Linda Robison gave me The Stylish Blogger Award!
Wow!  And by accepting this award I am to tell you 7 things about myself that you didn't know and tell you about the blogs that I am passing this award on to.

OK, here we go...

1.  I lived in Asia and Europe throughout the '70s and had severe "Culture Shock" when I returned to the US...there were soooo many changes during those years.

2.  Both of my children were born out of the US.  My daughter is from Korea and my son was born in Germany.  My daughter is a naturalized citizen, but my son had dual citizenship...at 21 he was supposed to chose his citizenship between the US and Germany or go into the German Army...but I don't think he ever did!

3.  As much as I love dogs...I was never allowed to have a dog growing up.  Tried a couple of times, but never got away with it.  Got my first dog as soon as I was on my out of college and on my own, and have never been without at least one since!  Both my kids are crazy dog lovers.

4.  I was an only child for 11 years...then got two sisters that are 13 month apart...I considered them my baby dolls and would fight with my dad over who would get to rock them and feed them.  My Mom could do the diapers!

5.  I went to school with nuns and priests from preschool through college...I guess that's what wrong with me!

6.  I won a blue ribbon in a school art contest in 8th grade... but never pursued anything artistic until I was in my 50s.

7.  I recorded the dubbed english versions for a Kabuki Theater in Japan.

Well, there you have it...more than you ever wanted to know about me!

So now, I will pass this award on to some of my "Flying Friends":

By Jen is by my sweet friend Jen!  We met during Kelly Rae Roberts Flying Lessons e-course and manage to get together for lunch on a regular basis.  Jen does incredible Word Art and will be a guest blogger on Baxter's Mom next week!  In the meantime, check out her fun style...

Collette at Jasper and Blue is another favorite of mine...love her effortless style and I am really needing one of her flying pigs!  Wait till you see them...

Jess, over at PeachHoneyLove is also awesome...she's doing some great technique tutorials using Golden Paints!

I know Linda already sent Jacqueline, of So Cute It Hurts an award...but she is so adorable she really needs two!  This is a friend who ALWAYS had the sweetest things to say...and ALWAYS lifts my day!

Beth at Beth Nadler Art has a whimsical style that I adore...and she is always willing to answer my silly questions!

Please be sure to check out my friends blogs and don't for get to stop by my friend, Linda's blog too!

Thanks again, Linda!!