Tuesday, February 1, 2011

One World One Heart 2011

I am a Participant!

Hello!  And Welcome to Baxter's Mom!  My name is Sylvia...I am a wife, a mom, and a grammy!  I am originally from San Antonio, Texas...but have lived in California for the last 28 years (wow!).  I live in Roseville, just outside of Sacramento.  I worked forever in the technical field, writing databases and analyzing the data.  I finally retired about a year ago and have since been pursuing my creative dream.  I love paper, paint and anything glittery...and I love combining them together!  Oh, and I am also Mom to a big black Briard, named Baxter...and now to a Briard puppy, named Lulu!

I want to thank the lovely Lisa of A Whimsical Bohemian for putting together this incredible event.  This is the 5th year (although it's my first year to participate) and I absolutely love the idea of bringing together creatives from all over the world and giving us the opportunity to meet each other and experience each others art.

As part of this One World One Heart event, I will be giving away a "Door Prize".  This is open to everyone, you do not need to be a blogger to enter...please leave a comment below with a way to contact you and to visit your blog.  The winner will be announced on Feb 17th, and I will contact the winner by email and also announce it on my blog.

I will be giving away a high quality print of my original Mixed Media piece, titled "She Ignored People":
Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment, and come back again!