Thursday, July 14, 2011

Suzi Blu and Wax

So, I've been taking Suzi Blu's Class -- La La La.  It's all about making these cute little paintings on little wood pieces!  And, then applying wax over them using a block of Wax and a little Quilting Iron.  This is a first for me.  I've never used any kind of wax or encaustic treatment at all.  But this is so cool...and easy peasy.  Here's my first attempt...my little bunny!

I love how Suzi uses colored pencils (Prismacolors)  to do her shading, then adds a glaze over the piece to even it out!  Lot's of techniques in this class!

Tomorrow, I'll try a girl!!!

We finally have all the cars back and running.  My poor Saab -y took forever...but now it's like new!  Then Baxter's Papa's truck had to go in for regular stuff...so we were sharing my car.  But, finally, now every things set and I feel FREE!!  Ha Ha, at least I can go where I want, when I want.

Other than that, I've been hibernating...downloaded and read Jaycee Dugard's book yesterday.  Just breaks my heart how something like this can happen.