Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011...Hello 2012

2011 has been a year of ups and downs, for me.  I have focused on my art more than ever and I have learned so much this year.  I have done well in my Etsy Store...and just as it was really starting to take off...I crushed my wrist and broke two bones in my arm.  It was pretty devastating.  It took a long while to heal, and it's taken even longer to bounce back. 

In the middle of all this, my Mom decided it was finally time to sell the house and move into a Senior Living situation.  My sisters and I have been talking to her about this for a little while, but she had to be ready.  So listing the house...house sold in 3 weeks...finding a new place for her...and emptying out the house she has lived in for over 30 years...moving and making her  comfortable in a one bedroom, under 700 square feet senior apartment...and way too many trips to the Bay Area.  It has just been crazy.

But, she is moved, I am healed...and so ready to jump in again!!! 

I have so many ideas running around in my head...I should probably start writing things down so I don't forget!  One thing that has been on my mind for quite a while is the Calendar Challenge that Kate Crane has over at The Kathryn Wheel.  I have been looking at these calendars for a couple of years now.  I love the idea of making the calendar...and then recording a little something of your day each day.  I have decided to join the challenge this year!  Here's my beginnings:


Come on and join in!

I'm so ready to leave 2011 behind...and welcome 2012...I know it's going to be a fantastic year!