Thursday, November 4, 2010

It's a New Day!

I've been feeling overwhelmed, unorganized, unmotivated and not feeling very creative.  But, I had lunch yesterday with my Flying Friend, Jen, who does it all...she works, she has two small children, she has a new puppy, keeps her house and still makes art all the time!  She always inspires me...and, as usual she managed to pull me out of my funk. 

I've also come to the realization that I'm not scrapbooking nearly as much as I once was.  Oh, don't get me wrong...Green Tangerines is still my most favorite scrapobooking store in the world...and I am in there nearly every day.  But my adorable granddaughter is 13 now, and she and her friends take their own pictures and create with them on Picnik...so I'm not really scrapbooking for her anymore.  I've really transitioned more into altered art and mixed media...with lots of different paint mediums, glitz and glitter, and lots of paper for collaging and of course, my vintage papers.  So, I am doing a major purge in my studio!  I may see a garage sale in my future...or ebay...or my etsy store, hmmm....

So, for right now...when you look around my beautiful studio...this is what you see:


It's going to be a lot of work, but I'll be excited to have it nice and clean and filled with only the things I love and use!!

One more thing, I posted on the Green Tangerines Blog, but they want to wait until tomorrow to put it up...sorry if I misled you...but please check their blog again tomorrow.